On pig9, if you do the following:

a = load 'thing' as (x:int); b = group (distinct a) by $0; describe b;

the schema is:

b: {group: int,1-631: {(x: int)}}

Every time you run the above, the range will change. This is also an issue
in trunk. I can open a ticket if there is nothing currently?

Search Discussions

  • Alan Gates at Feb 16, 2012 at 4:06 pm
    The issue here seems to be that the operator id is getting taken for the bag name. I'm not aware of any existing issues to fix this. You'll need to propose how we come up with a unique, humanly usable name for this (op-1, op-2, ... maybe?).

    Alan.
    a = load 'thing' as (x:int); b = group (distinct a) by $0; describe b;

    the schema is:

    b: {group: int,1-631: {(x: int)}}

    Every time you run the above, the range will change. This is also an issue
    in trunk. I can open a ticket if there is nothing currently?

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop
postedFeb 14, '12 at 2:07a
activeFeb 16, '12 at 4:06p
websitepig.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Jonathan Coveney: 1 post Alan Gates: 1 post