hi,

I just installed pig-0.8.1-cdh3u2 on amazon ec2 and run my pig script, got following error:
ERROR 2998: Unhandled internal error. org/jets3t/service/S3ServiceException

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jets3t/service/S3ServiceException
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jets3t.service.S3ServiceException

i had no problem to run the same pig scripts on other ec2 node with the same verison of pig, any idea? Thanks.

Search Discussions

  • Dmitriy Ryaboy at Nov 8, 2011 at 7:47 pm
    You probably need some amazon-specific jars that are required to talk to
    S3. Are the nodes provisioned the same way? Environments the same?
    I don't run Pig regularly on EC2, but the Cloudera folks should be able to
    help you out.

    I just installed pig-0.8.1-cdh3u2 on amazon ec2 and run my pig script, got
    following error:
    ERROR 2998: Unhandled internal error. org/jets3t/service/S3ServiceException

    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jets3t/service/S3ServiceException
    org.jets3t.service.S3ServiceException

    i had no problem to run the same pig scripts on other ec2 node with the
    same verison of pig, any idea? Thanks.

  • Daniel Dai at Nov 9, 2011 at 8:12 pm
    S3ServiceException is in jets3t.jar which is part of Hadoop. Did you set
    HADOOP_HOME properly so Pig will use the right hadoop?

    Daniel

    You probably need some amazon-specific jars that are required to talk to
    S3. Are the nodes provisioned the same way? Environments the same?
    I don't run Pig regularly on EC2, but the Cloudera folks should be able to
    help you out.

    I just installed pig-0.8.1-cdh3u2 on amazon ec2 and run my pig script, got
    following error:
    ERROR 2998: Unhandled internal error.
    org/jets3t/service/S3ServiceException
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jets3t/service/S3ServiceException
    org.jets3t.service.S3ServiceException

    i had no problem to run the same pig scripts on other ec2 node with the
    same verison of pig, any idea? Thanks.

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop
postedNov 8, '11 at 7:02p