Hello
I have a folder with many xml files i want to load them and parse them in
order to get some information and them store this info to a file

My problem is that I cannot send the xml file to my java script in order to
parse them, I tried the follow script;

*A = load 'xmlFiles/' ;*
*parsing = stream A through mypigudf.myXMLParser();*
*store parsing into 'teststream';*

I'm working locally (pig -x local )

and in my java script I tried to get the file by reading the stdin
* java.io.BufferedReader stdin = new
java.io.BufferedReader(new java.io.InputStreamReader(System.in)); *
is this the right way or not ??

all the way when I try to run th pig script I get this error "you can only
run one pig script at a time from commande line"

any ideas please?

regards

  • Daniel Dai at Sep 15, 2011 at 4:51 pm
    Check your command line. This is a common message when you have a
    malformed command line.

    Daniel

    On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 9:48 AM, Baraa Mohamad

    --
  • Baraa Mohamad at Sep 15, 2011 at 4:56 pm
    But when I'm running another pig scripts that works fine, I get this error

[...]

  • Daniel Dai at Sep 15, 2011 at 5:16 pm
    Can you paste your command line?

    On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 9:56 AM, Baraa Mohamad
[...]

  • Baraa Mohamad at Sep 15, 2011 at 5:24 pm
    Thanks

    [image: image.png]
[...]

  • Daniel Dai at Sep 15, 2011 at 5:59 pm
    Wrong image?

    On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 6:51 PM, Daniel Dai <daijy@hortonworks.com>
[...]

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop
postedSep 15, '11 at 4:48p
activeSep 15, '11 at 5:59p
websitepig.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Daniel Dai: 3 posts Baraa Mohamad: 3 posts