Hello,
In pig script of pig-0.8.1, I did not find command line for adding pig*.jar into CLASSPATH environment variable. Just the following:
# during development pig jar might be in build
for f in $PIG_HOME/build/pig-*-SNAPSHOT.jar; do
CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:$f;
done

Should I add some commands in pig script for adding pig*.jar into CLASSPATH? If no need, please tell your opinion. Thank you.

Search Discussions

  • Daniel Dai at Sep 11, 2011 at 12:58 am
    for f in $PIG_HOME/pig-*-core.jar; do
    CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:$f;
    done

    In release tall ball, you will have pig-0.8.1-core.jar, that's the jar pig
    script use.

    Daniel

    In pig script of pig-0.8.1, I did not find command line for adding pig*.jar
    into CLASSPATH environment variable. Just the following:
    # during development pig jar might be in build
    for f in $PIG_HOME/build/pig-*-SNAPSHOT.jar; do
    CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:$f;
    done

    Should I add some commands in pig script for adding pig*.jar into
    CLASSPATH? If no need, please tell your opinion. Thank you.
  • Lulynn_2008 at Sep 13, 2011 at 12:06 pm
    Daniel, thank you for your quick response.
    I think pig-0.8.1-*.jar should always be added into classpath. Is this correct?

    In release tall ball, you will have pig-0.8.1-core.jar, that's the jar pig
    script use.

    Daniel

    In pig script of pig-0.8.1, I did not find command line for adding pig*.jar
    into CLASSPATH environment variable. Just the following:
    # during development pig jar might be in build
    for f in $PIG_HOME/build/pig-*-SNAPSHOT.jar; do
    CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:$f;
    done

    Should I add some commands in pig script for adding pig*.jar into
    CLASSPATH? If no need, please tell your opinion. Thank you.

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop
postedSep 9, '11 at 8:07a
activeSep 13, '11 at 12:06p