I've been trying to understand how to properly use STREAM and no matter what I do, I always get one of those two errors:

2011-09-09 13:54:10,330 [Thread-11] ERROR org.apache.pig.impl.streaming.ExecutableManager - java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can not create a Path from a null string

or

===== Task Information Header =====
Command: map.php (stdin-org.apache.pig.builtin.PigStreaming/stdout-org.apache.pig.builtin.PigStreaming)
Start time: Fri Sep 09 13:24:55 EDT 2011
===== * * * =====
org.apache.pig.backend.executionengine.ExecException: ERROR 2083: Error while trying to get next result in POStream.

I've tried to simplify my stream script to:

#!/usr/local/bin/python
import sys

for line in sys.stdin:
print line

Without any luck (I get the POStream error).

What am I missing?
--
Pierre-Luc Brunet

Search Discussions

  • Dmitriy Ryaboy at Sep 9, 2011 at 8:22 pm
    I just tried this basic script on a few versions, and it works.
    pig -x local streamtest.pig

    where streamtest.pig is as below, and stream.py is your sample python
    script.

    l = load '/etc/passwd';
    x = stream l through `stream.py`;
    dump x;

    Could you send the script in which you are invoking the streaming command?

[...]

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop
postedSep 9, '11 at 6:15p
activeSep 9, '11 at 8:22p