Grokbase Groups Pig user August 2011
I'm trying to spend more time understanding EXPLAIN so I can see what
optimizations pig is doing under the hood.

I was actually trying to answer my own question using EXPLAIN and avoid
sending a request to the list :-P

The biggest problem I can see is that terminology used in explain isn't
documented anywhere and I think it's mostly intended for advanced pig
developers (not users).

For example:

LOInnerLoad….. this isn't documented anywhere except the source code.

Also, New For Each(false,false) ……

What do false and false mean? Maybe include the variable names or a
description of the variables?

Right now I think EXPLAIN should probably be renamed to CONFUSE :-P

Kevin

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com

Location: *San Francisco, CA*

[...]