Grokbase Groups Pig user June 2011
Hi, I tried to use python udf in pig, but get the error 'Could not
initialize class org.apache.pig.scripting.jython.JythonScriptEngine
$Interpreter'.

I register jython.jar in my pig script as follows:
register /home/bing/software/jython/jython.jar

I also add jython.jar into CLASSPATH.

What did I miss here?

--
Bing

@BingW11
Software Engineer@Twitter

Search Discussions

  • Daniel Eklund at Jun 17, 2011 at 9:37 pm
    you need to set your PIG_CLASSPATH to point to the jython.jar
    Hi, I tried to use python udf in pig, but get the error 'Could not
    initialize class org.apache.pig.scripting.jython.JythonScriptEngine
    $Interpreter'.

    I register jython.jar in my pig script as follows:
    register /home/bing/software/jython/jython.jar

    I also add jython.jar into CLASSPATH.

    What did I miss here?

    --
    Bing

    @BingW11
    Software Engineer@Twitter
  • Bing Wei at Jun 18, 2011 at 3:30 pm
    Thanks, Daneil. It works!
    you need to set your PIG_CLASSPATH to point to the jython.jar
    Hi, I tried to use python udf in pig, but get the error 'Could not
    initialize class org.apache.pig.scripting.jython.JythonScriptEngine
    $Interpreter'.

    I register jython.jar in my pig script as follows:
    register /home/bing/software/jython/jython.jar

    I also add jython.jar into CLASSPATH.

    What did I miss here?

    --
    Bing