Grokbase Groups Pig user June 2011
Hi, can anyone let me know the configuration steps required to read data
from Cassandra using PIG with consistency level of LOCAL_QUORUM.

Thanks,

badri

Search Discussions

  • Jeremy Hanna at Jun 14, 2011 at 4:43 am
    You need to set the property in your hadoop configuration:
    cassandra.consistencylevel.read
    to LOCAL_QUORUM.

    All of the properties you can set are in the org.apache.cassandra.hadoop.ConfigHelper class. You can call that directly with Java/MapReduce or use the properties defined at the top in your hadoop configuration. See:
    For 0.7.6: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cassandra/tags/cassandra-0.7.6-2/src/java/org/apache/cassandra/hadoop/ConfigHelper.java
    For 0.8.0: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cassandra/tags/cassandra-0.8.0/src/java/org/apache/cassandra/hadoop/ConfigHelper.java
    (though they should be nearly identical)

    Hi, can anyone let me know the configuration steps required to read data
    from Cassandra using PIG with consistency level of LOCAL_QUORUM.

    Thanks,

    badri
  • Dmitriy Ryaboy at Jun 14, 2011 at 5:26 am
    you can set them in a pig script, too.

    set my.property myvalue

    Or via command line

    pig -Dmy.propert=myvalue

    Or (as soon as I get a patch tested and committed) you'll be able to
    set them in pig.properties....

    On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 9:42 PM, Jeremy Hanna
    You need to set the property in your hadoop configuration:
    cassandra.consistencylevel.read
    to LOCAL_QUORUM.

    All of the properties you can set are in the org.apache.cassandra.hadoop.ConfigHelper class.  You can call that directly with Java/MapReduce or use the properties defined at the top in your hadoop configuration.  See:
    For 0.7.6: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cassandra/tags/cassandra-0.7.6-2/src/java/org/apache/cassandra/hadoop/ConfigHelper.java
    For 0.8.0: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cassandra/tags/cassandra-0.8.0/src/java/org/apache/cassandra/hadoop/ConfigHelper.java
    (though they should be nearly identical)

    Hi, can anyone let me know the configuration steps required to read data
    from Cassandra using PIG with consistency level of LOCAL_QUORUM.

    Thanks,

    badri
  • Badrinarayanan S at Jun 14, 2011 at 2:56 pm
    Thanks, it helped.

    Regards,
    badri

[...]

groupuser @