Grokbase Groups Pig user May 2011
Hey,
I have a file similar to syslog output. It is 1 tuple per line, space
seperated, but the tuple can have variable number of arguments if you use
the standard PigStorage function to load the file.
The first 4 variables are always defined and have a strict format, the rest
of the line i would like to define as a single chararray (including spaces).
Is there anyway for me to do that in pig?

thanks,
Sridhar

Search Discussions

  • Dmitriy Ryaboy at May 27, 2011 at 6:05 am
    The simplest thing to do might be to use the simple TextLoader, and do
    the parsing of the lines yourself, using either the various built-in
    regex extraction functions, or a custom UDF.
    I have a file similar to syslog output. It is 1 tuple per line, space
    seperated, but the tuple can have variable number of arguments if you use
    the standard PigStorage function to load the file.
    The first 4 variables are always defined and have a strict format, the rest
    of the line i would like to define as a single chararray (including spaces).
    Is there anyway for me to do that in pig?

    thanks,
    Sridhar

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop
postedMay 26, '11 at 4:10p
activeMay 27, '11 at 6:05a
websitepig.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Dmitriy Ryaboy: 1 post Sridhar basam: 1 post