Grokbase Groups Pig user May 2011

I'm trying to run PIG 0.8.1 in loval mode from Java.
My code used to work with PIG 0.6.1.

Now, I got the following exception:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: File
file:/tmp/hadoop-vbarat/mapred/system/job_local_0001/job.xml does
not exist.
at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.RawLocalFileSystem.getFileStatus(RawLocalFileSystem.java:361)
at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FilterFileSystem.getFileStatus(FilterFileSystem.java:245)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileUtil.copy(FileUtil.java:192)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileUtil.copy(FileUtil.java:142)
at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.LocalFileSystem.copyToLocalFile(LocalFileSystem.java:61)
at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.copyToLocalFile(FileSystem.java:1192)
at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.LocalJobRunner$Job.(LocalJobRunner.java:372)
at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJobInternal(JobClient.java:800)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJob(JobClient.java:730)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.jobcontrol.Job.submit(Job.java:378)
at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.jobcontrol.JobControl.startReadyJobs(JobControl.java:247)
at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.jobcontrol.JobControl.run(JobControl.java:279)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

Any idea ?

Thanks a lot

Search Discussions

  • Vincent Barat at Jun 27, 2011 at 10:33 am
    Actually, hadoop creates 2 directories in my /tmp (I use hadoop
    default configuration (empty conf files) when in local mode):

    hadoop-${user.name}
    hadoop-vbarat

    I guess that there is a bug in hadoop (at least when using MacOS X) :

    ${user.name} is not replaced by my user name (vbarat) in some case.

    As a work arround, I created a symbolic link:

    lrwxr-xr-x 1 vbarat wheel 13 27 jui 12:20
    hadoop-${user.name}@ -> hadoop-vbarat
    drwxr-xr-x 4 vbarat wheel 136 27 jui 12:20 hadoop-vbarat/

    and it works.

    I'm trying to run PIG 0.8.1 in loval mode from Java.
    My code used to work with PIG 0.6.1.

    Now, I got the following exception:

    java.io.FileNotFoundException: File
    file:/tmp/hadoop-vbarat/mapred/system/job_local_0001/job.xml does
    not exist.
    at
    org.apache.hadoop.fs.RawLocalFileSystem.getFileStatus(RawLocalFileSystem.java:361)
    at
    org.apache.hadoop.fs.FilterFileSystem.getFileStatus(FilterFileSystem.java:245)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileUtil.copy(FileUtil.java:192)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileUtil.copy(FileUtil.java:142)
    at
    org.apache.hadoop.fs.LocalFileSystem.copyToLocalFile(LocalFileSystem.java:61)
    at
    org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.copyToLocalFile(FileSystem.java:1192)
    at
    org.apache.hadoop.mapred.LocalJobRunner$Job.<init>(LocalJobRunner.java:92)
    at
    org.apache.hadoop.mapred.LocalJobRunner.submitJob(LocalJobRunner.java:372)

    --

    *Vincent BARAT, UBIKOD, CTO*

    vbarat@ubikod.com Mob +33 (0)6 15 41 15 18

    UBIKOD Paris, c/o ESSEC VENTURES, Avenue Bernard Hirsch, 95021
    Cergy-Pontoise cedex, FRANCE, Tel +33 (0)1 34 43 28 89

    UBIKOD Rennes, 10 rue Duhamel, 35000 Rennes, FRANCE, Tel. +33 (0)2
    99 65 69 13

    www.ubikod.com <http://www.ubikod.com/>@ubikod
    <http://twitter.com/ubikod>

    www.capptain.com <http://www.capptain.com/>@capptain_hq
    <http://twitter.com/capptain_hq>

    IMPORTANT NOTICE – UBIKOD and CAPPTAIN are registered trademarks of
    UBIKOD S.A.R.L., all copyrights are reserved. The contents of this
    email and attachments are confidential and may be subject to legal
    privilege and/or protected by copyright. Copying or communicating
    any part of it to others is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
    are not the intended recipient you must not use, copy, distribute or
    rely on this email and should please return it immediately or notify
    us by telephone. At present the integrity of email across the
    Internet cannot be guaranteed. Therefore UBIKOD S.A.R.L. will not
    accept liability for any claims arising as a result of the use of
    this medium for transmissions by or to UBIKOD S.A.R.L.. UBIKOD
    S.A.R.L. may exercise any of its rights under relevant law, to
    monitor the content of all electronic communications. You should
    therefore be aware that this communication and any responses might
    have been monitored, and may be accessed by UBIKOD S.A.R.L. The
    views expressed in this document are that of the individual and may
    not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement or
    recommendation by UBIKOD S.A.R.L. The content of this electronic
    mail may be subject to the confidentiality terms of a
    "Non-Disclosure Agreement" (NDA).

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop
postedMay 17, '11 at 3:03p
activeJun 27, '11 at 10:33a
websitepig.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Vincent Barat: 1 post Vincent Barat: 1 post