Grokbase Groups Pig user May 2011
Hi Guys,

Can anyone please tell me how to read Explain plan in pig? When I do explain
plan for any of my pig query it gives me really good flow diagram, but it
uses some Pig functions so didn' t really understand what going on and what
it mean.

Please let me if there is any documentation for this.

Thanks,
Sonia

Search Discussions

  • Alan Gates at May 13, 2011 at 12:45 am
    http://ofps.oreilly.com/titles/9781449302641/developing_and_testing.html#dev_tools

    Alan.
    Can anyone please tell me how to read Explain plan in pig? When I do
    explain
    plan for any of my pig query it gives me really good flow diagram,
    but it
    uses some Pig functions so didn' t really understand what going on
    and what
    it mean.

    Please let me if there is any documentation for this.

    Thanks,
    Sonia
  • Sonia gehlot at May 13, 2011 at 2:33 am
    Excellent, thanks Alan this is pretty helpful.

    Sonia
    Can anyone please tell me how to read Explain plan in pig? When I do
    explain
    plan for any of my pig query it gives me really good flow diagram, but it
    uses some Pig functions so didn' t really understand what going on and
    what
    it mean.

    Please let me if there is any documentation for this.

    Thanks,
    Sonia
  • Dmitriy Ryaboy at May 13, 2011 at 5:27 pm
    I didn't know about the -e explain option! That's massively helpful.
    Thanks Alan.
    Can anyone please tell me how to read Explain plan in pig? When I do
    explain
    plan for any of my pig query it gives me really good flow diagram, but it
    uses some Pig functions so didn' t really understand what going on and
    what
    it mean.

    Please let me if there is any documentation for this.

    Thanks,
    Sonia

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop