Grokbase Groups Pig user May 2011
I am looking at the jython UDF function capabilities.

Is it fair to say that the jython UDFs are only for filter, and aggregate
functions and _not_ load/store UDFs?

I am assuming so as JythonFunction extends EvalFunc. I couldn't find any
discussion on PIG-928 as to if load/store python UDFs were considered.

thanks,
daniel

Search Discussions

  • John Meagher at May 10, 2011 at 8:14 pm
    There's a loader available as a patch in Jira, but nothing I'm aware
    of for storing.

    I am looking at the jython UDF function capabilities.

    Is it fair to say that the jython UDFs are only for filter, and aggregate
    functions and _not_   load/store UDFs?

    I am assuming so as JythonFunction extends EvalFunc.  I couldn't find any
    discussion on PIG-928 as to if load/store python UDFs were considered.

    thanks,
    daniel

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop
postedMay 10, '11 at 7:53p
activeMay 10, '11 at 8:14p
websitepig.apache.org

2 users in discussion

John Meagher: 1 post Daniel Eklund: 1 post