Grokbase Groups Pig user April 2011
Hi there,

I have a pig script and that has hardcoded some input/output file paths as well as some parameters.
It's relatively tedious to change these...

Is there a way to define constants at the beginning of the script so I have the configuration in one place?

Best,
Will

Search Discussions

  • Dmitriy Ryaboy at Apr 18, 2011 at 9:52 am
    You are looking for %DEFAULT:
    http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.8.0/piglatin_ref2.html#Parameter+Substitution
    I have a pig script and that has hardcoded some input/output file paths as
    well as some parameters.
    It's relatively tedious to change these...

    Is there a way to define constants at the beginning of the script so I have
    the configuration in one place?

    Best,
    Will
  • Lai Will at Apr 18, 2011 at 10:35 am
    Thanks! That was exactly what I was looking for :)

    Best,
    Will

    I have a pig script and that has hardcoded some input/output file
    paths as well as some parameters.
    It's relatively tedious to change these...

    Is there a way to define constants at the beginning of the script so I
    have the configuration in one place?

    Best,
    Will

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop
postedApr 18, '11 at 9:29a
activeApr 18, '11 at 10:35a
websitepig.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Lai Will: 2 posts Dmitriy Ryaboy: 1 post