Grokbase Groups Pig user April 2011
What methods should I be implemented when creating my own UDF's other
than the ones that are required.

For example, when creating a EvalFunc<Tuple> I see there are a bunch of
classes that override outputSchema, or getArgToFuncMapping.

Should I consider overriding these methods too? Is there any
documentation on what these methods do and when and why someone should
override them?

Thanks

Search Discussions

  • Dmitriy Ryaboy at Apr 7, 2011 at 2:07 am
    Hi Mark,
    Check out http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.8.0/udf.html
    What methods should I be implemented when creating my own UDF's other than
    the ones that are required.

    For example, when creating a EvalFunc<Tuple> I see there are a bunch of
    classes that override outputSchema, or getArgToFuncMapping.

    Should I consider overriding these methods too? Is there any documentation
    on what these methods do and when and why someone should override them?

    Thanks

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop
postedApr 7, '11 at 1:37a