Grokbase Groups Pig user March 2011
I'm writing a load/store pair, and I am considering the use
of two Hadoop counters (via reporter). They would could the number
of records read/written, so that they would be available via
the job WebUI.

Is this an overly expensive proposition?

Thanks,

Andreas

Search Discussions

  • Harsh J at Mar 19, 2011 at 1:09 pm
    Two additional counters shouldn't be expensive. But do consider if the
    already available "map input records" / "(map|reduce) output records"
    suit your need for such counters.

    On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 4:33 AM, Andreas Paepcke

    --
    Harsh J
    http://harshj.com

groupuser @