Grokbase Groups Pig user March 2011
I ran into an issue tonight with parsing log lines whereby I had to generate
a schema in a user defined function.
Part of that involved converting various values into their associated data
types, but I couldn't see a way to do
it via Pig. Enclosed is a patch to convert org.apache.pig.data.DataType
into an associated Java datatype falling
back to a String by default - should go into CastUtils. Any
comments/criticism, please let me know.

Cheers,
Jon.

Search Discussions

  • Daniel Dai at Mar 10, 2011 at 11:43 pm
    Forget your attachment? :)

    I ran into an issue tonight with parsing log lines whereby I had to
    generate a schema in a user defined function.
    Part of that involved converting various values into their associated
    data types, but I couldn't see a way to do
    it via Pig. Enclosed is a patch to convert
    org.apache.pig.data.DataType into an associated Java datatype falling
    back to a String by default - should go into CastUtils. Any
    comments/criticism, please let me know.

    Cheers,
    Jon.
  • Alan Gates at Mar 10, 2011 at 11:47 pm
    Apache lists don't allow attachments. Instead you can file a JIRA and
    attach your code there.

    Alan.
    I ran into an issue tonight with parsing log lines whereby I had to
    generate a schema in a user defined function.
    Part of that involved converting various values into their
    associated data types, but I couldn't see a way to do
    it via Pig. Enclosed is a patch to convert
    org.apache.pig.data.DataType into an associated Java datatype falling
    back to a String by default - should go into CastUtils. Any
    comments/criticism, please let me know.

    Cheers,
    Jon.

groupuser @