Grokbase Groups Pig user January 2011
Hey Guys,

I was just wondering if anyone knew a way to essentially de-reference
aliases. The reason I am asking this as I am looking for performance
improvements, and since the aliases need to be stored and loaded back in at
the end/start at each mapreduce, I was wondering how I can throw away the
ones I no longer require, thus saving the time and capacity of having to
store it.

Thanks Again,

Robert.

Search Discussions

  • Thejas M Nair at Jan 31, 2011 at 7:59 pm
    Hi Robert,
    I am not sure if I have understood what you are saying here. An example
    might help.

    Not all aliases (ie relation corresponding to them) are stored on disk, only
    ones stored explicitly using store statement or ones that happen to be at
    boundaries of map and reduce get (temporarily) stored.

    Thanks,
    Thejas

    I was just wondering if anyone knew a way to essentially de-reference
    aliases. The reason I am asking this as I am looking for performance
    improvements, and since the aliases need to be stored and loaded back in at
    the end/start at each mapreduce, I was wondering how I can throw away the
    ones I no longer require, thus saving the time and capacity of having to
    store it.

    Thanks Again,

    Robert.

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop
postedJan 31, '11 at 10:38a
activeJan 31, '11 at 7:59p
websitepig.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Thejas M Nair: 1 post Robert Waddell: 1 post