I'm using Pig 0.8 via Eclipse/PigServer.
I can't figure out how to set the logging level
to ERROR, rather than the default INFO. I tried everything
I could think of: log4j.properties in Pig and Hadoop, setting
the PigServer Context, and more.

Which is the magic place?

Thanks,

Andreas

Search Discussions

  • Dmitriy Ryaboy at Dec 28, 2010 at 10:31 pm
    Andreas, from the command line you can use the -d switch.
    But it should work from log4j properties -- are you sure Eclipse is picking
    it up?

    On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Andreas Paepcke
    I'm using Pig 0.8 via Eclipse/PigServer.
    I can't figure out how to set the logging level
    to ERROR, rather than the default INFO. I tried everything
    I could think of: log4j.properties in Pig and Hadoop, setting
    the PigServer Context, and more.

    Which is the magic place?

    Thanks,

    Andreas
  • Charles Gonçalves at Jan 17, 2011 at 1:00 pm
    Hi ...

    Another doubt related to the logging.
    I can't see any of my UDFs logging outputs when running pig.
    I need to provide an specific log4j.xml using -log4jconf ?

    Can someone help me?
    Thanks!

    --
    *Charles Ferreira Gonçalves *
    http://homepages.dcc.ufmg.br/~charles/

    for me the following works:

    getLogger().warn("I let it slide this time; but never do this again.");

    As to *suppressing* the log output, or setting the level,
    I did not yet follow up on Dmitriy's suggestion to check
    what Eclipse picks up. So I can't report back on that issue.

    Andreas

    I can't see any of my UDFs logging outputs when running pig.
    I need to provide an specific log4j.xml using -log4jconf ?

    Can someone help me?
    Thanks!
    Andreas, from the command line you can use the -d switch.
    But it should work from log4j properties -- are you sure Eclipse is picking
    it up?

    On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Andreas Paepcke
    I'm using Pig 0.8 via Eclipse/PigServer.
    I can't figure out how to set the logging level
    to ERROR, rather than the default INFO. I tried everything
    I could think of: log4j.properties in Pig and Hadoop, setting
    the PigServer Context, and more.

    Which is the magic place?

    Thanks,

    Andreas