Hi, All,

I want to check in some functions into piggybank and have some questions
about dependent jars:

1. it depends on some new jars, where should I add them? updating ivy.xml under
trunk to include them?

2. it depends on newer versions of jackson jars, should I directly update
ivy/libraries.properties under trunk?

Best,
Lin

Search Discussions

  • Alan Gates at Dec 8, 2010 at 6:03 pm

    I want to check in some functions into piggybank and have some
    questions
    about dependent jars:

    1. it depends on some new jars, where should I add them? updating
    ivy.xml under
    trunk to include them?
    That's what we've done so far.
    2. it depends on newer versions of jackson jars, should I directly
    update
    ivy/libraries.properties under trunk?
    As long as that doesn't break anything in the core of Pig. You should
    do a full run of the unit tests after updating it.
    Best,
    Lin
  • Lin Guo at Dec 8, 2010 at 6:44 pm
    thanks a lot.
    I want to check in some functions into piggybank and have some questions
    about dependent jars:

    1. it depends on some new jars, where should I add them? updating ivy.xml
    under
    trunk to include them?
    That's what we've done so far.
    2. it depends on newer versions of jackson jars, should I directly update
    ivy/libraries.properties under trunk?
    As long as that doesn't break anything in the core of Pig.  You should do a
    full run of the unit tests after updating it.
    Best,
    Lin

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop