Is it possible to feed a path of the format "hdfs:///path/to/my.jar" to the REGISTER command in Pig? I was recently watching some of the tutorials on Amazon's Elastic MapReduce and their version of Pig appears to support this ... was wondering if this is also available in the "vanilla" distribution as well, and if not, how hard is it to patch in? Or is this planned for a future version? I'm currently using 0.7 ...

Thanks!Zach

Search Discussions

  • Alan Gates at Nov 1, 2010 at 8:44 pm
    It is integrated into Pig in 0.8. You could back port the patch into
    0.7 if you wanted. The JIRA with the patch is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-1505
    .

    Alan.
    Is it possible to feed a path of the format "hdfs:///path/to/
    my.jar" to the REGISTER command in Pig? I was recently watching some
    of the tutorials on Amazon's Elastic MapReduce and their version of
    Pig appears to support this ... was wondering if this is also
    available in the "vanilla" distribution as well, and if not, how
    hard is it to patch in? Or is this planned for a future version? I'm
    currently using 0.7 ...

    Thanks!Zach

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop