Grokbase Groups Pig user October 2010
All,

I have a solution for writing unit test in Java to test pig scripts including stats and output if anyone is interested.

Search Discussions

  • Josh Devins at Oct 20, 2010 at 4:23 pm
    You might want to also have a look at Pig trunk/0.8.0 since there's already
    some work been done on this topic.

    Cheers,

    Josh

    I have a solution for writing unit test in Java to test pig scripts
    including stats and output if anyone is interested.
  • Dave Wellman at Oct 20, 2010 at 4:58 pm
    Can it patch to Pig 6 & Pig 7 or is it a Pig 8 solution?
    You might want to also have a look at Pig trunk/0.8.0 since there's already
    some work been done on this topic.

    Cheers,

    Josh

    I have a solution for writing unit test in Java to test pig scripts
    including stats and output if anyone is interested.
  • Josh Devins at Oct 20, 2010 at 5:27 pm
    No idea, haven't used it myself yet. I just remember seeing the Jira issue
    go by. There's patches attached to the issue so it might be back-portable.

    But either way, please share!

    Josh

    Can it patch to Pig 6 & Pig 7 or is it a Pig 8 solution?
    You might want to also have a look at Pig trunk/0.8.0 since there's already
    some work been done on this topic.

    Cheers,

    Josh

    I have a solution for writing unit test in Java to test pig scripts
    including stats and output if anyone is interested.
  • Dmitriy Ryaboy at Oct 20, 2010 at 5:58 pm
    At least the earlier versions of the PigUnit patch should work with 0.7

    Regardless, Dave, please post your contribution to the JIRA, or better
    yet see if it can be integrated with PigUnit if it and your work are
    complementary.

    -D
    No idea, haven't used it myself yet. I just remember seeing the Jira issue
    go by. There's patches attached to the issue so it might be back-portable.

    But either way, please share!

    Josh

    Can it patch to Pig 6 & Pig 7 or is it a Pig 8 solution?
    You might want to also have a look at Pig trunk/0.8.0 since there's already
    some work been done on this topic.

    Cheers,

    Josh

    I have a solution for writing unit test in Java to test pig scripts
    including stats and output if anyone is interested.
  • Dave Wellman at Oct 20, 2010 at 11:07 pm
    Excellent suggestion Dmitriy, Thanks.
    At least the earlier versions of the PigUnit patch should work with 0.7

    Regardless, Dave, please post your contribution to the JIRA, or better
    yet see if it can be integrated with PigUnit if it and your work are
    complementary.

    -D
    No idea, haven't used it myself yet. I just remember seeing the Jira issue
    go by. There's patches attached to the issue so it might be back-portable.

    But either way, please share!

    Josh

    Can it patch to Pig 6 & Pig 7 or is it a Pig 8 solution?
    You might want to also have a look at Pig trunk/0.8.0 since there's already
    some work been done on this topic.

    Cheers,

    Josh

    I have a solution for writing unit test in Java to test pig scripts
    including stats and output if anyone is interested.
  • Romain Rigaux at Oct 20, 2010 at 11:32 pm
    Yes it was started with 0.7 and improved for 0.8. It is based on GruntParser
    and PigServer interfaces which did not change too much I think and it is
    rather simple overall.

    We did a recent
    cleanup<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-1600?focusedCommentId=12922785&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#action_12922785>
    and
    there is some XML<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/pig/branches/branch-0.8/src/docs/src/documentation/content/xdocs/pigunit.xml?view=markup>documentation.

    Feel free to post your solution. We can work and see how we could integrate
    it or if it is better.

    Romain
[...]

  • Brian Adams at Oct 20, 2010 at 4:24 pm
    I think everyone would be fairly interested....

    I have a solution for writing unit test in Java to test pig scripts
    including stats and output if anyone is interested.
  • Matt Davies at Oct 20, 2010 at 4:34 pm
    me, me me. you rock. thanks!

    I have a solution for writing unit test in Java to test pig scripts including stats and output if anyone is interested.

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop
postedOct 20, '10 at 4:19p
activeOct 20, '10 at 11:32p