Grokbase Groups Pig user October 2010
FAQ
Hi all!

I'm trying to create a replacement for Pig shell - for running Pig batches
from within our control program (dashboard). I'm having problems with calling
Pig and would appreciate some help.

I have checked all over the net and have also found this:
http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.7.0/piglatin_ref1.html#Running+Pig+Latin

Is it possible to call some "pig executor" directly, without resorting to
hacks (writing program to txt file and running pig shell/grunt on it)?

It seems like a very basic thing. Am I missing something?

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Anze

Search Discussions

  • Zaki rahaman at Oct 16, 2010 at 6:18 pm
    You can embed Pig in Java...

    http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.7.0/setup.html#Sample+Code


    On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 1:57 PM, Anze wrote:

    Hi all!

    I'm trying to create a replacement for Pig shell - for running Pig batches
    from within our control program (dashboard). I'm having problems with
    calling
    Pig and would appreciate some help.

    I have checked all over the net and have also found this:
    http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.7.0/piglatin_ref1.html#Running+Pig+Latin

    Is it possible to call some "pig executor" directly, without resorting to
    hacks (writing program to txt file and running pig shell/grunt on it)?

    It seems like a very basic thing. Am I missing something?

    Thank you!

    Kind regards,

    Anze

    --
    Zaki Rahaman
  • Ashutosh Chauhan at Oct 16, 2010 at 6:32 pm
    Few more details on PigServer are here:
    http://wiki.apache.org/pig/EmbeddedPig
    On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 11:18, zaki rahaman wrote:
    You can embed Pig in Java...

    http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.7.0/setup.html#Sample+Code


    On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 1:57 PM, Anze wrote:

    Hi all!

    I'm trying to create a replacement for Pig shell - for running Pig batches
    from within our control program (dashboard). I'm having problems with
    calling
    Pig and would appreciate some help.

    I have checked all over the net and have also found this:
    http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.7.0/piglatin_ref1.html#Running+Pig+Latin

    Is it possible to call some "pig executor" directly, without resorting to
    hacks (writing program to txt file and running pig shell/grunt on it)?

    It seems like a very basic thing. Am I missing something?

    Thank you!

    Kind regards,

    Anze

    --
    Zaki Rahaman
  • Anze at Oct 16, 2010 at 7:08 pm
    Thank you both! It looks like I was searching for wrong keywords. :)

    Thanks again,

    Anze
    On Saturday 16 October 2010, Ashutosh Chauhan wrote:
    Few more details on PigServer are here:
    http://wiki.apache.org/pig/EmbeddedPig
    On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 11:18, zaki rahaman wrote:
    You can embed Pig in Java...

    http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.7.0/setup.html#Sample+Code
    On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 1:57 PM, Anze wrote:
    Hi all!

    I'm trying to create a replacement for Pig shell - for running Pig
    batches from within our control program (dashboard). I'm having
    problems with calling
    Pig and would appreciate some help.

    I have checked all over the net and have also found this:
    http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.7.0/piglatin_ref1.html#Running+Pig+Latin

    Is it possible to call some "pig executor" directly, without resorting
    to hacks (writing program to txt file and running pig shell/grunt on
    it)?

    It seems like a very basic thing. Am I missing something?

    Thank you!

    Kind regards,

    Anze
    --
    Zaki Rahaman

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop
postedOct 16, '10 at 5:58p
activeOct 16, '10 at 7:08p
posts4
users3
websitepig.apache.org

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2021 Grokbase