Grokbase Groups Pig user October 2010

I need to integrate existing pig scripts to java application. the scripts
have been run in command line.
I'm wondering how to do this? I just want to run pig file(*.pig) in java
code.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

- Youngwoo

Search Discussions

  • Jeff Zhang at Oct 7, 2010 at 2:04 am
    Pig provides java api for users, here's an example

    http://hadoop.apache.org/pig/docs/r0.7.0/setup.html#Sample+Code

    The most important class is PigServer, you can refer javadoc for more details.

    --
    Best Regards

    Jeff Zhang
  • 김영우 at Oct 7, 2010 at 7:41 am
    Hi Jeff,
    From Pig API docs, "PigServer.registerScript()" is exactly what I needed to
    know.

    Thanks for your quick reply.

    Youngwoo

    Pig provides java api for users, here's an example

    http://hadoop.apache.org/pig/docs/r0.7.0/setup.html#Sample+Code

    The most important class is PigServer, you can refer javadoc for more
    details.

    I need to integrate existing pig scripts to java application. the scripts
    have been run in command line.
    I'm wondering how to do this? I just want to run pig file(*.pig) in java
    code.

    Any advice would be appreciated.

    Thanks,

    - Youngwoo