functionality.

however, I have not found any implementation for such.

(and yes, I know of Elephant Bird, which reads LZO-compressed json (but not
regular json))

but I did see a reference in the "Hadoop Training: Introduction to Pig" (
http://www.cloudera.com/videos/introduction_to_pig)

within the downloadable IntroToPig.pdf, where there is a mention of
PigJsonLoader

however, there is no such UDF within the piggybank source of
the cloudera distributed vm, or within any other piggybank jar out there
that I have seen.

so I wonder, where can I find a pig json reader/loader that can accomplish
the equivalent of: A = LOAD ‘data.json’ USING PigJsonLoader();

???

any pointeres would be greatly appreciated ...

Search Discussions

  • Kim Vogt at Sep 28, 2010 at 4:46 pm
    Here's mine:

    http://gist.github.com/601331

    Pretty much the same as the LZO one minus the LZO stuff. Works with pig
    0.7.

    -Kim
    however, I have not found any implementation for such.

    (and yes, I know of Elephant Bird, which reads LZO-compressed json (but not
    regular json))

    but I did see a reference in the "Hadoop Training: Introduction to Pig" (
    http://www.cloudera.com/videos/introduction_to_pig)

    within the downloadable IntroToPig.pdf, where there is a mention of
    PigJsonLoader

    however, there is no such UDF within the piggybank source of
    the cloudera distributed vm, or within any other piggybank jar out there
    that I have seen.

    so I wonder, where can I find a pig json reader/loader that can accomplish
    the equivalent of: A = LOAD ‘data.json’ USING PigJsonLoader();

    ???

    any pointeres would be greatly appreciated ...
  • Ashutosh Chauhan at Sep 29, 2010 at 3:53 am
    For some reason, I always thought there is a JSONLoader in Piggybank.
    Seems like there is none. Kim, it would be great if you can contribute
    yours..

    Ashutosh
[...]

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop