I am trying to use SUBSTRING like this:
......generate SUBSTRING($19, 1, 13) as name
I get an error complaining that it cannot resolve substring using imports....Error 1070

Do I have to register any external jars, and if so which one?

Thanks.
--Ravi

Search Discussions

  • Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo at Sep 21, 2010 at 11:24 pm
    Hi Ravi,

    you have to register the piggybank jar at the beggining of your pig script.

    {code}
    REGISTER /workspace/pig-test/contrib/piggybank/java/piggybank.jar;
    {/code}

    If you don't have it, you will have to build it from source using the ant
    command, and then import it.

    Renato M.

    ......generate SUBSTRING($19, 1, 13) as name
    I get an error complaining that it cannot resolve substring using
    imports....Error 1070

    Do I have to register any external jars, and if so which one?

    Thanks.
    --Ravi

  • Ravi Fernando at Sep 21, 2010 at 11:37 pm
    Thanks Renato...I will build it and give it a try.
    --Ravi

    you have to register the piggybank jar at the beggining of your pig script.

    {code}
    REGISTER /workspace/pig-test/contrib/piggybank/java/piggybank.jar;
    {/code}

    If you don't have it, you will have to build it from source using the ant
    command, and then import it.

    Renato M.

    ......generate SUBSTRING($19, 1, 13) as name
    I get an error complaining that it cannot resolve substring using
    imports....Error 1070

    Do I have to register any external jars, and if so which one?

    Thanks.
    --Ravi

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop