hi,
I have Two files, loaded as Two relations A and B as fallows

File1.txt
--------------
ramana
krishna
siva
venkat

File2.txt
---------------
krishna
venkat
kishore
basha

these two files are loaded into two relations A and B
and then
the output should be like the difference of the two i.e B - A
that means the extra added added users in B without A

output
---------------------
kishore
basha

how we can write the pig script for this operation

Search Discussions

  • Dmitriy Ryaboy at Sep 9, 2010 at 6:49 pm
    C = JOIN A by name LEFT OUTER, B by name;
    D = FILTER C by B::name is null;
[...]

  • Ankur C. Goel at Sep 13, 2010 at 5:51 am
    Probably a bit late but I didn't see any replies to this so here it is

    A = LOAD 'A' as (name:chararray);
    B = LOAD 'B' as (name:chararray);
    C = COGROUP B BY name, A by name;
    D = FILTER C BY SIZE(A) == 0;

[...]