Grokbase Groups Pig user August 2010
The UDF i am making uses JAI from the javax.media.jai library. I have the
UPPER udf working fine but when i add this import statement:

import javax.media.jai.JAI;

I get an error. How can i fix this? Even though I have downloaded the
latest version of JAI. When i use javac -cp pig.jar UPPER.java i get:

laptop:~/pig-0.7.0/trunk$ javac -cp pig.jar UPPER.java
UPPER.java:6: package javax.media.jai does not exist
import javax.media.jai.JAI;
^
Note: UPPER.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
1 error
laptop:~/pig-0.7.0/trunk$

Search Discussions

  • Mridul Muralidharan at Aug 11, 2010 at 6:39 am
    You need the media framework, and would need to register those jars too
    for pig to 'find' the relevant classes : looks like they might not be
    part of plain jdk ?

    Regards,
    Mridul
    The UDF i am making uses JAI from the javax.media.jai library. I have the
    UPPER udf working fine but when i add this import statement:

    import javax.media.jai.JAI;

    I get an error. How can i fix this? Even though I have downloaded the
    latest version of JAI. When i use javac -cp pig.jar UPPER.java i get:

    laptop:~/pig-0.7.0/trunk$ javac -cp pig.jar UPPER.java
    UPPER.java:6: package javax.media.jai does not exist
    import javax.media.jai.JAI;
    ^
    Note: UPPER.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
    Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
    1 error
    laptop:~/pig-0.7.0/trunk$

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop