Grokbase Groups Pig user July 2010
I am seeing the below two errors consistently while running my script. This does not stop my script, but throws an error on datanode and successfully completes the same task on a different datanode. The task could fail on any datanode, there are no blacklisted datanodes.
Any thoughts on why this is and how can this be resolved ?

This is the whole stack;
java.lang.Throwable: Child Error
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:472)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Task process exit with nonzero status of 134.
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:459)

Second Error: This is all it gives.
Error: null

Third Error:
Error: (class: org/apache/pig/builtin/PigStorage, method: setLocation signature: (Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/Job;)V)

Thanks for the support.
Regards
Syed Wasti

Search Discussions

  • Syed Wasti at Jul 22, 2010 at 8:54 pm
    Found this almost a year old discussion, on the same error code and it looks like a JVM crash.
    The discussion confirms the crash on JDK 14 and I am using JDK version 18.

    http://markmail.org/message/74yv7zyuq7ucm2z6

[...]

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop
postedJul 22, '10 at 6:46p