Grokbase Groups Pig user April 2010
I have a few questions:
1) Is 0.5 the last version of Pig to have its own local mode? It's
quite fast!
2) When using Pig's local mode with large aggregate jobs, I often run
out of memory. What's the best way to boost the available heap space?

-Brian

Sent from outer space.

Search Discussions

  • Jeff Zhang at Apr 20, 2010 at 12:33 am

    1) Is 0.5 the last version of Pig to have its own local mode? It's quite
    fast!
    * -- It seems pig 0.7 will move to hadoop local mode. Refer
    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-1053*

    2) When using Pig's local mode with large aggregate jobs, I often run out
    of memory. What's the best way to boost the available heap space?
    * -- You can set jvm argument like -Xmx1024m to increase the
    heap size.*
    -Brian

    Sent from outer space.

    --
    Best Regards

    Jeff Zhang

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop
postedApr 19, '10 at 7:08p
activeApr 20, '10 at 12:33a
websitepig.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Jeff Zhang: 1 post Brian Donaldson: 1 post