Grokbase Groups Pig user January 2010
Is there any way to retrieve job parameters and task execution / environment
variables from inside a pig script?

I'm trying to grab the name of the file I am processing using map.input.file

thanks
Guy

Search Discussions

  • Jeff Zhang at Jan 17, 2010 at 4:06 am
    Hi Guy,

    There's one jira Pig-966
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-966>which try to integrate
    hadoop's InputFormat and OutputFormat to pig. I think
    after this jira is completed, you can get the name of file by getting
    parameter map.input.file from Configuration in your UDF. But now I don't
    think you can do that.

    --
    Best Regards

    Jeff Zhang