Grokbase Groups Pig user January 2010

I'm interested in running the PigMix benchmark described at http://wiki.apache.org/pig/PigMix to test some scheduling work in Hadoop. However, I can't find any code for it in Pig 0.5.0 or trunk. Am I correct that I need to apply the patch at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-200 in order to generate the data, and then run the queries on the wiki page as scripts?

Thanks,

Matei

Search Discussions

  • Alan Gates at Jan 16, 2010 at 5:46 am
    That's correct. See Ying's comments near the bottom on how to make
    the patches there work together.

    Alan.
    to test some scheduling work in Hadoop. However, I can't find any
    code for it in Pig 0.5.0 or trunk. Am I correct that I need to apply
    the patch at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-200 in order
    to generate the data, and then run the queries on the wiki page as
    scripts?

    Thanks,

    Matei
  • Matei Zaharia at Jan 16, 2010 at 7:48 pm
    Thanks Alan.
    That's correct. See Ying's comments near the bottom on how to make the patches there work together.

    Alan.
    I'm interested in running the PigMix benchmark described at http://wiki.apache.org/pig/PigMix to test some scheduling work in Hadoop. However, I can't find any code for it in Pig 0.5.0 or trunk. Am I correct that I need to apply the patch at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-200 in order to generate the data, and then run the queries on the wiki page as scripts?

    Thanks,

    Matei

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop
postedJan 16, '10 at 2:31a
activeJan 16, '10 at 7:48p
websitepig.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Matei Zaharia: 2 posts Alan Gates: 1 post