Hi all,

I'd like to know where's the name zebra come from ? does it convey the
meaning of this meta data system that the columnar storage format is like
the lines on the zebra's skin.

Thank you

Jeff Zhang

Search Discussions

  • Alan Gates at Nov 30, 2009 at 5:26 pm

    On Nov 26, 2009, at 7:39 AM, Jeff Zhang wrote:

    Hi all,

    I'd like to know where's the name zebra come from ? does it convey the
    meaning of this meta data system that the columnar storage format is
    like
    the lines on the zebra's skin.
    Pretty much, yes. We've fallen into the habit of giving animal names
    to projects. We discussed several animals but zebra won.

    Alan.

    Thank you

    Jeff Zhang

groupuser @