2 version ?

Thanks a lot

Search Discussions

  • Olga Natkovich at Sep 11, 2009 at 4:26 pm
    The patch to support Hadoop 20 will be committed next week with Pig
    0.5.0 to follow.

    I am not sure what would need to be done to integrate with Hbase 20. We
    would need somebody with expertise in HBAse to provide the necessary
    patch.

    Olga

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Vincent BARAT
    Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 2:19 AM
    To: pig-user@hadoop.apache.org
    Subject: Is the any plan to support hadoop-0.20.0 and hbase-0.20.0 in
    the roadmap?

    Hello,

    I'm trying to use pig (trunk) with hbase 0.20.0 and hadoop 0.20.0.

    No success so far (I'm still unable to make the TestHBaseStorage
    unit test run correctly, and I'm lost in the code complexity.

    Do you have any idea about when pig will be synchronized with these
    2 version ?

    Thanks a lot
  • Alan Gates at Sep 11, 2009 at 4:47 pm
    Our plan is to switch Pig to Hadoop 0.20 as soon as Hadoop 0.20.1 is
    released, because there's some features in that release we would like
    to have. Last I knew 0.20.1 was in the vote phase to be released.

    Integration with hbase 0.20 will need someone to pick it up and work
    on it. I am not aware of anyone who has plans to do so at this point.

    Alan.
    I'm trying to use pig (trunk) with hbase 0.20.0 and hadoop 0.20.0.

    No success so far (I'm still unable to make the TestHBaseStorage
    unit test run correctly, and I'm lost in the code complexity.

    Do you have any idea about when pig will be synchronized with these
    2 version ?

    Thanks a lot

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop