Grokbase Groups Pig user August 2009
Hey there,

Apologies for this not going out sooner -- apparently it was sitting
as a draft in my inbox. A few of you have pinged me, so thanks for
your vigilance.

It's time for another Hadoop/Lucene/Apache Stack meetup! We've had
great attendance in the past few months, let's keep it up! I'm always
amazed by the things I learn from everyone.

We're back at the University of Washington, Allen Computer Science
Center (not Computer Engineering)
Map: http://www.washington.edu/home/maps/?CSE

Room: 303 -or- the Entry level. If there are changes, signs will be posted.

More Info:

The meetup is about 2 hours: we'll have two in-depth talks of 15-20
minutes each, and then several "lightning talks" of 5 minutes. If no
one offers, We'll then have discussion and 'social time'.  we'll just
have general discussion. Let net know if you're interested in speaking
or attending. We'd like to focus on education, so every presentation
*needs* to ask some questions at the end. We can talk about these
after the presentations, and I'll record what we've learned in a wiki
and share that with the rest of us.

Contact: Bradford Stephens, 904-415-3009, bradfordstephens@gmail.com

--
http://www.roadtofailure.com -- The Fringes of Scalability, Social
Media, and Computer Science

Search Discussions

  • Bradford Stephens at Aug 27, 2009 at 1:17 am
    Hello,

    My apologies, but there was a mix-up reserving our meeting location,
    and we don't have access to it.

    I'm very sorry, and beer is on me next month. Promise :)

    Sent from my Internets
[...]

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop
postedAug 25, '09 at 11:21p