Lately, we've been spending a lot of time on the East Coast, and one thing
is clear: Hadoop is everywhere.
Hadoop usage on the East Coast tends to be slightly different. There are
still web companies with armies of tech gurus, but there are also many
"regular" industries and enterprises using and exploring Hadoop. It's time
to get together and learn a thing or two from one other.
The Hadoop Summit East <http://www.cloudera.com/hadoop-summit-east> will
take place on October 2nd, 2009 and focus on two areas of interest to
enterprise users. We've opened requests for proposals at:
Development and Administration:
* Core Hadoop: Areas for Development, Major Upcoming Contributions,
Functional Deep Dives
* Administration: Large Cluster Overviews, Performance Tips, Resource
Management, High Availability
* Developer: IDEs, QA Best Practices, Sharing Code / Data / Clusters, Higher
* Lessons from the Web: What can traditional industries learn from companies
with web scale data?
* Industry Case Studies: Finance, Telecom / Utilities, Retail, Biotech, etc.
* Integration with Existing Systems: Databases, BI Tools, Message Buses and
* New Ideas / Applications: Big Ideas for Hadoop
* Hosted Solutions: Hadoop and the Cloud
We'll close the RFP on July 31st and announce the schedule soon thereafter.
More details including discounted / early registration and sponsorship
info available at: http://www.cloudera.com/hadoop-summit-east
Christophe and the Cloudera Team
get hadoop: cloudera.com/hadoop
online training: cloudera.com/hadoop-training