Grokbase Groups Pig user May 2009
Begin forwarded message:

From: Stefan Groschupf <sg@101tec.com>
Date: May 13, 2009 12:44:54 AM PDT
To: Hadoop Core User List <core-user@hadoop.apache.org>, cascading-
user <cascading-user@googlegroups.com>, <zookeeper-user@lists.sourceforge.net
, <general@lucene.apache.org>, <katta-
developer@lists.sourceforge.net>, <hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: ScaleCamp: get together the night before Hadoop Summit

Hi All,

We are planing a community event the night before the Hadoop Summit.
This "BarCamp" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BarCamp) event will be
held at the same venue as the Summit (Santa Clara Marriott).
Refreshments will be served to encourage socializing.

To initialize conversations for the social part of the evening we
are offering people the opportunity to present an experience report
of their project (within a 15 min presentation).
We have 12 slots in 3 parallel tracks max. The focus should be on
projects leveraging technologies from the Hadoop eco-system.

Please join us and mingle with the rest of the Hadoop community.

To find out more about this event and signup please visit :
http://www.scaleunlimited.com/events/scale_camp

Please submit your presentation here:
http://www.scaleunlimited.com/about-us/contact

Stefan
P.S. Please spread the word!
P.P.S Apologies for the cross posting.

Search Discussions

  • Yiping Han at May 14, 2009 at 5:34 pm
    BTW, do we have free admission or discount to Hadoop Summit for us Yahoo's?

    --Yiping

[...]

    ----------------------
    Yiping Han
    2MC 8127