Grokbase Groups Pig dev April 2011
Hello to everyone,

I just checked out the latest version of Pig source code from pig/trunk in
my eclipse IDE, but I get the following error message when I am trying to
run it:

[main] ERROR org.apache.pig.Main - ERROR 2998: Unhandled internal error.
org/antlr/runtime/tree/Tree

Am I missing some files or something?

Thank you in advance,

Nero

Search Discussions

  • Dmitriy Ryaboy at Apr 13, 2011 at 5:54 pm
    Did you run "ant" before running? There's a bunch of code generation that
    needs to happen.

    On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 9:42 AM, Nero Couvalli
    I just checked out the latest version of Pig source code from pig/trunk in
    my eclipse IDE, but I get the following error message when I am trying to
    run it:

    [main] ERROR org.apache.pig.Main - ERROR 2998: Unhandled internal error.
    org/antlr/runtime/tree/Tree

    Am I missing some files or something?

    Thank you in advance,

    Nero
  • Thejas M Nair at Apr 13, 2011 at 6:41 pm
    To make the eclipse configuration easier, you can do this before you add the project in eclipse. It will set the .classpath file used by eclipse appropriately -

    Apply the patch PIG-1986.1.patch in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-1986
    cd trunk
    patch -p0 < PIG-1986.1.patch
    ant eclipse-files

    Did you run "ant" before running? There's a bunch of code generation that
    needs to happen.

    On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 9:42 AM, Nero Couvalli
    I just checked out the latest version of Pig source code from pig/trunk in
    my eclipse IDE, but I get the following error message when I am trying to
    run it:

    [main] ERROR org.apache.pig.Main - ERROR 2998: Unhandled internal error.
    org/antlr/runtime/tree/Tree

    Am I missing some files or something?

    Thank you in advance,

    Nero