Grokbase Groups Pig dev August 2010
Earlier this week I began a discussion on Pig becoming a TLP (http://bit.ly/byD7L8
). All of the received feedback was positive. So, let's have a
formal vote.

I propose we move Pig to a top level Apache project.

I propose that the initial PMC of this project be the list of all
currently active Pig committers (http://hadoop.apache.org/pig/whoweare.html
) as of 18 August 2010.

I nominate Olga Natkovich as the chair of the PMC. (PMC chairs have
no more power than other PMC members, but they are responsible for
writing regular reports for the Apache board, assigning rights to new
committers, etc.)

I propose that as part of the resolution that will be forwarded to the
Apache board we include that one of the first tasks of the new Pig PMC
will be to adopt bylaws for the governance of the project.

Alan.

P.S.
If this vote passes, the next step is that the proposal will be
forwarded to the Hadoop PMC for discussion and vote.
If the Hadoop PMC vote passes, a formal resolution is then drafted
(see http://bit.ly/bvOTRq for an example resolution) and sent to the
Apache board.
The Apache board will then vote on whether to make Pig a TLP.

Search Discussions

  • Dmitriy Ryaboy at Aug 18, 2010 at 6:16 pm
    +1 for TLP
    +1 for Olga as PMC
[...]

  • Thejas M Nair at Aug 18, 2010 at 10:17 pm
    +1 to all 4 proposals.

[...]

  • Olga Natkovich at Aug 18, 2010 at 10:41 pm
    +1

[...]

  • Daniel Dai at Aug 18, 2010 at 11:40 pm
    +1

    Daniel

    Olga Natkovich wrote:
    +1

[...]

  • Pradeep Kamath at Aug 18, 2010 at 11:42 pm
    +1

[...]

  • Jeff Zhang at Aug 19, 2010 at 1:01 am
    +1

    --
    Best Regards

    Jeff Zhang
  • Santhosh Srinivasan at Aug 19, 2010 at 2:04 am
    +1

    Kudos to Alan and Olga for this amazing milestone.

    Santhosh

[...]

  • Chaitanya Krishna at Aug 19, 2010 at 4:19 am
[...]

  • Russell Jurney at Aug 19, 2010 at 11:59 am
    Not much of a contributor lately, but +1 from me. Seems reasonable.
[...]

  • Alan Gates at Aug 23, 2010 at 4:58 pm
    With 9 +1 votes and no -1s the vote passes. I will begin a vote on
    Hadoop general.

    Alan.
[...]

groupdev @
categoriespig, hadoop