Hello to all,

Has anyone seen or worked with a system of badges (gamify your PHP group)
where members can receive badges things such as for having done a
presentation, attended a series of meetings, etc?

This would be a fun way to create an incentive for each member, which
would, in turn, be able to be viewed by possible employers--each member's
page displaying the badges would be visible to the world. :)

Christopher Pecoraro

Search Discussions

  • Andreas Heigl at Jan 30, 2015 at 2:29 pm
    Hi Christopher.

    Cool idea.

    Would require a lot of work on a self hostet UG-Site but that could be
    done in a joined effort of usergroups around the globe. A kind of
    "OpenUGBadge" that everyone can host on it's own system. And
    contributions to it would also qualify for a badge ;-)

    Not sure though whether the social pressure built up by that would cause
    members to leave that enjoy and need the input from the usergroups but
    aren't willing - for what reasons ever - to contribute.

    I'll give that a thought during the weekend....

    Cheers

    Andreas

    --
                                                                   ,,,
                                                                  (o o)

    -Ben

    Has anyone seen or worked with a system of badges (gamify your PHP group)
    where members can receive badges things such as for having done a
    presentation, attended a series of meetings, etc?

    This would be a fun way to create an incentive for each member, which
    would, in turn, be able to be viewed by possible employers--each member's
    page displaying the badges would be visible to the world. :)

    Christopher Pecoraro
  • John Congdon at Jan 30, 2015 at 2:41 pm
    SDPHP gives you a Featured Speaker pint glass. However they are not
    numbered like the Atlanta coffee mugs are.

    John