From: kevin dot elliott at t-online dot de
Operating system: Windows
PHP version: Irrelevant
PHP Bug Type: Website problem
Bug description: FAQ language forced from pc location

------------
Tried to get to the PHP faq from URL http://www.php.net/FAQ.php. I'm in
germany and it cleverly redirects me to http://de.php.net/FAQ.php, which
is in german. No good to me as I can't speak german well enough for this
sort of work.

Need to be able to select language please, not be forced into the wrong
place.

Thanks, Kev

Reproduce code:
---------------
N/A

Expected result:
----------------
Either English FAQ, or an option to select the FAQ language.

Actual result:
--------------
German FAQ

Search Discussions

  • Goba at Mar 24, 2004 at 8:25 pm
    ID: 27679
    Updated by: goba@php.net
    Reported By: kevin dot elliott at t-online dot de
    Bug Type: Website problem
    Operating System: Windows
    PHP Version: Irrelevant
    New Comment:

    The page you have been redirected to contains a dropdown for you to
    select the language. That will be remembered for you. There are a lot
    of other methods to set the language, but that is the closest to you.
    :)

    Previous Comments:

    [2004-03-24 14:58:35] kevin dot elliott at t-online dot de

    ------------
    Tried to get to the PHP faq from URL http://www.php.net/FAQ.php. I'm in
    germany and it cleverly redirects me to http://de.php.net/FAQ.php,
    which is in german. No good to me as I can't speak german well enough
    for this sort of work.

    Need to be able to select language please, not be forced into the wrong
    place.

    Thanks, Kev

    Reproduce code:
    ---------------
    N/A

    Expected result:
    ----------------
    Either English FAQ, or an option to select the FAQ language.

    Actual result:
    German FAQ

    Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=27679&edit=1

groupphp-mirrors @