Afternoon internals,

     We are hoping for alpha 1 to be available on June 9th, this is a little
over 5 weeks away.

     Beta 1 (~1 month after alpha 1) on July 7th will be our feature freeze
date - no new RFC's can target 7.1 after this date.

     PHP 7.1 has many things targeting it at the moment, some overlapping,
all of them in various states.

     So that the dust is allowed to settle during beta phase, we need to
insist that anything that does not have an implementation by the time beta
1 comes be pushed back to 7.2.

     If you are working on a core (/Zend) feature right now, especially
draft (unannounced) features, and are targeting 7.1, as a matter of
courtesy (not requirement), I'd like to ask you to move forward,
post-haste. It would be good (although not required) if we could get /Zend
stuff merged before alpha 1 ... I realize this may be a pipe dream. I'm new
at this, and still have dreams ...

     TL:DR, dates for diary:

         Alpha 1 June 9th
         Beta 1 (freeze) July 7th