-----Original Message-----
From: yohgaki@gmail.com On Behalf Of Yasuo
Ohgaki
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 11:05 AM
To: Anatol Belski <anatol.php@belski.net>
Cc: Stanislav Malyshev <smalyshev@gmail.com>; Remi Collet
<remi@fedoraproject.org>; internals@lists.php.net; Yasuo Ohgaki
<yohgaki@php.net>
Subject: Re: [PHP-DEV] PHP 7.0.3 RC1 is available for testing - **** BC break ***

Hi Anatol,
On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 6:28 PM, Anatol Belski wrote:
If you're willing to work on fixing BC breaches till next minor RC, it might be
the way to proceed. If on the next RC we see no signs of regression, so we could
take it into the next minor. Otherwise, if we see that there are still doubts on
stability, we could stop trying to bring those changes in a stable branch but go
for master. Yasuo, it's really up to your willingness to spend time on stabilizing,
maybe also checking the Horde tests where the issues was initially discovered,
and being aware of possible risk that it possibly wouldn't make it into stable.
Anyways for the upcoming final, releasing your patches seems risky.

I'm sure unit test failures cannot be fixed. It's relying on old buggy behaviors.
Since I cannot fix users' unit tests, I fully agree to revert offending patches. In
return, we'll have buggy behaviors, but it shouldn't be fatal because users have
been living with them for a long time.

Unlike other internal functions, session module functions expose many internal
data and logic to user space. Even if changes should not affect normal
operations, changes may break users' tests as they are testing abnormal cases
usually. For this reason, I'll not commit changes to released versions from now
on, if it changes exposed data/logic. e.g. Save handler execution order, session
data manipulation logic.

Please let me know if I should revert them. If it is not burden for you, please
revert them by yourself.
Ext/session was reset to the state of 5.6.17 and 7.0.2 in the respective dev branches. The bug #69111 is refixed, it does crash in 5.6 only, so probably topic for the next final.

Thanks

Anatol

groupphp-internals @
categoriesphp