Magento is broken long time ago by "unified variable syntax".

I'm really unhappy with this direction...

Thanks. Dmitry.
On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 12:18 PM, Dmitry Stogov wrote:

PEAR is broken. "make install" doesn't work.

Thanks. Dmitry.
On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 8:26 PM, Nikita Popov wrote:

Commit: dc9991b167533c7ee13ff96da6048988e6e31bc2
Author: Nikita Popov <nikic@php.net> Wed, 10 Sep 2014
16:08:20 +0200
Parents: ff6b4ad8c78d27fdb6fe6fb2f17dd3b25c345368
Branches: master

Link:
http://git.php.net/?p=php-src.git;a=commitdiff;h=dc9991b167533c7ee13ff96da6048988e6e31bc2

Log:
Remove static calls from incompatible $this context

Changed paths:
M NEWS
M UPGRADING
M Zend/tests/incompat_ctx_user.phpt
M Zend/zend_vm_def.h
M Zend/zend_vm_execute.h

  • Pierre Joye at Jan 19, 2015 at 10:11 am

    On Jan 19, 2015 4:49 PM, "Dmitry Stogov" wrote:
    Despite of PEAR, I also found few other apps, from my usual test list,
    broken - Typo3, Xoops, SugarCRM.
    Magento is broken long time ago by "unified variable syntax".

    I'm really unhappy with this direction...
    I have concerns too. I am not saying we should do it but we should be very
    careful about the impact. Right now we shoot in the dark.

    Some blocking bugs have been fixed in master (thanks!), that allows us to
    launch again our tests suite against master (it uses a good dozen apps,
    units tests and real life scenarios). That should give us a better view and
    some warnings if we do change breaking too many things out there with no
    gain but cleanness or purity.
    Thanks. Dmitry.