FAQ
Hi internals,

I'm working on making a tool to build arbitrary combinations of PHP and
extensions for testing purposes. At the moment, it's hard to test
specific combinations (e.g. a specific version of cURL with a specific
version of OpenSSL) to reproduce environment bugs.

Along those lines, I'd like to know if there's a list of per-version
requirements to build the bundled extensions (those in ext/). Failing
that, is there a list of what each Windows binary was built with?

Thanks,

Search Discussions

  • Pierre Joye at Oct 27, 2013 at 1:18 pm
    Hi,
    On Oct 27, 2013 12:27 PM, "Ryan McCue" wrote:

    Hi internals,

    I'm working on making a tool to build arbitrary combinations of PHP and
    extensions for testing purposes. At the moment, it's hard to test
    specific combinations (e.g. a specific version of cURL with a specific
    version of OpenSSL) to reproduce environment bugs.

    Along those lines, I'd like to know if there's a list of per-version
    requirements to build the bundled extensions (those in ext/). Failing
    that, is there a list of what each Windows binary was built with?
    See https://github.com/php/php-src/blob/master/win32/build/libs_version.txtor
    in the respective branch, tag or release.

    Cheers,
    Pierre
  • Ryan McCue at Oct 27, 2013 at 1:35 pm

    Pierre Joye wrote:
    See https://github.com/php/php-src/blob/master/win32/build/libs_version.txtor
    in the respective branch, tag or release.

    Thanks a bunch!
  • Tjerk Meesters at Oct 27, 2013 at 8:13 pm
    Hi,
    On 27 Oct, 2013, at 9:18 PM, Pierre Joye wrote:

    Hi,
    On Oct 27, 2013 12:27 PM, "Ryan McCue" wrote:

    Hi internals,

    I'm working on making a tool to build arbitrary combinations of PHP and
    extensions for testing purposes. At the moment, it's hard to test
    specific combinations (e.g. a specific version of cURL with a specific
    version of OpenSSL) to reproduce environment bugs.

    Along those lines, I'd like to know if there's a list of per-version
    requirements to build the bundled extensions (those in ext/). Failing
    that, is there a list of what each Windows binary was built with?
    See https://github.com/php/php-src/blob/master/win32/build/libs_version.txtor
    in the respective branch, tag or release.
    Out of curiosity, what does it mean when two versions of the same library are listed? E.g.:

    libmpir-2.5.1
    libmpir-2.6.0

    Cheers,
    Pierre
  • Anatol Belski at Oct 29, 2013 at 12:40 pm
    Hi Tjerk,
    On Mon, 2013-10-28 at 04:13 +0800, Tjerk Meesters wrote:
    Hi,
    On 27 Oct, 2013, at 9:18 PM, Pierre Joye wrote:

    Hi,
    On Oct 27, 2013 12:27 PM, "Ryan McCue" wrote:

    Hi internals,

    I'm working on making a tool to build arbitrary combinations of PHP and
    extensions for testing purposes. At the moment, it's hard to test
    specific combinations (e.g. a specific version of cURL with a specific
    version of OpenSSL) to reproduce environment bugs.

    Along those lines, I'd like to know if there's a list of per-version
    requirements to build the bundled extensions (those in ext/). Failing
    that, is there a list of what each Windows binary was built with?
    See https://github.com/php/php-src/blob/master/win32/build/libs_version.txtor
    in the respective branch, tag or release.
    Out of curiosity, what does it mean when two versions of the same library are listed? E.g.:

    libmpir-2.5.1
    libmpir-2.6.0
    just cleaned that up, that two versions are from the transition time of
    5.5 pre alpha where both vc9 and vc11 was tested. For 5.5 only vc11 deps
    are relevant now.

    Regards

    Anatol

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupphp-internals @
categoriesphp
postedOct 27, '13 at 11:27a
activeOct 29, '13 at 12:40p
posts5
users4
websitephp.net

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase