Since the feedback so far was few but positive, I'll advance the RFC to
the next stage. Apart from this, any feedback is still welcome.

Thanks and Regards, Gordon

Search Discussions

  • Nikita Popov at Oct 8, 2013 at 8:39 pm

    Since the feedback so far was few but positive, I'll advance the RFC to
    the next stage. Apart from this, any feedback is still welcome.

    Thanks and Regards, Gordon
    For the lazy folks, this is the RFC Gordon is talking about:
    https://wiki.php.net/rfc/automatic_property_initialization

    Nikita
  • David Muir at Oct 9, 2013 at 4:54 am

    Since the feedback so far was few but positive, I'll advance the RFC to
    the next stage. Apart from this, any feedback is still welcome.

    Thanks and Regards, Gordon
    For the lazy folks, this is the RFC Gordon is talking about:
    https://wiki.php.net/rfc/automatic_property_initialization

    Nikita
    Thanks Gordon and Nikita,

    I like the General Automatic Assignement idea. It does start getting
    into accessor territory (which I think is a better solution overall),
    but allows for writing a bit less boilerplate code.

    Would fluid interfaces still be possible?

    public function setFoo($this->foo) { return $this; }

    Cheers,
    David
  • Alexander M at Oct 9, 2013 at 7:29 am