Hi Alex,

Right now it's possible to use SOAP with proxy using special options in
SoapClient constructor
(http://www.php.net/manual/en/soapclient.soapclient.php)

new SoapClient($wsdl, array('proxy_host' => 'my.proxy.com',
'proxy_port' => '8080',
'proxy_login' => '********',
'proxy_password' => '********'));

But I understood, that you like to use default proxy values to avoid
changes in third-party application. So I think the patch makes sense.

Stas, Ilia, any objections against committing it into 5.4 and 5.3?

Thanks. Dmitry.