Hi Folks:

David mentioned the following in the git migration email:
Expect the php-src migration in 14-21 days after 5.4 final.
Can 5.4 final please be held off until the DateTime fixes for
transitions (such as Standard / Daylight time) are fixed?
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/datetime_and_daylight_saving_time

Perpetuating broken time handling in PHP is an unpleasant prospect. And
once the problems are fixed, it'd be nice to say they were "resolved in
5.3.x", rather than "resolved in 5.3.x and 5.4.x."

Derick just mentioned on IRC that he _may_, but more likely won't, be
able to get this done in the 2 - 3 week time frame David mentioned.

Thanks,

--Dan

--
  T H E A N A L Y S I S A N D S O L U T I O N S C O M P A N Y
                 http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/

Search Discussions

  • Stas Malyshev at Dec 29, 2011 at 11:58 pm
    Hi!
    Can 5.4 final please be held off until the DateTime fixes for
    transitions (such as Standard / Daylight time) are fixed?
    https://wiki.php.net/rfc/datetime_and_daylight_saving_time
    If somebody's willing to commit to fixing them in some reasonable
    timeframe (like 2 weeks from now), then yes. Otherwise, I'm not sure it
    is worth waiting for something that's not going to happen. I understand
    these XFAILs are embarrassing but we can't wait forever and I think it's
    better to have 5.4 with xfails (which are relatively corner cases by now
    as I understand) than no 5.4 at all.

    --
    Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
    SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/

    Can 5.4 final please be held off until the DateTime fixes for
    transitions (such as Standard / Daylight time) are fixed?
    https://wiki.php.net/rfc/datetime_and_daylight_saving_time

    If somebody's willing to commit to fixing them in some reasonable timeframe
    (like 2 weeks from now), then yes. Otherwise, I'm not sure it is worth
    waiting for something that's not going to happen. I understand these XFAILs
    are embarrassing but we can't wait forever and I think it's better to have
    5.4 with xfails (which are relatively corner cases by now as I understand)
    than no 5.4 at all.
    We have 1 week ~.

    Next week is RC5 and then I hope we can go for a golden release, or
    better said, final. But golden release as in no commit done between
    RC5 and final.

    If not, we can do a last RC6, bringing final for the end of January,
    which is not too bad either :)

    Cheers,
  • Stas Malyshev at Dec 30, 2011 at 10:20 pm
    Hi!
    We have 1 week ~.

    Next week is RC5 and then I hope we can go for a golden release, or
    better said, final. But golden release as in no commit done between
    RC5 and final.

    If not, we can do a last RC6, bringing final for the end of January,
    which is not too bad either :)
    That's what I am saying - if we can do it before RC6 date - that is,
    before Jan 19th - it's fine and we can fit it in the schedule. If it
    doesn't happen till then - we will have to go without it.

    --
    Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
    SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/
    (408)454-6900 ext. 227
  • Ferenc Kovacs at May 28, 2013 at 6:31 am

[...]

    it seems that it will miss even 5.5 final :(

    --
    Ferenc Kovács
    @Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu

    Ferenc Kovacs wrote:

[...]

    I've worked quite a bit on this and I'm close to finishing. Really need just one more transatlantic flight :-) I'll push my changes to a branch.
    I think the RFC gets something wrong though. I'll check and report back

    Derick
  • Ferenc Kovacs at May 28, 2013 at 12:21 pm

    it seems that it will miss even 5.5 final :(
    I've worked quite a bit on this and I'm close to finishing. Really need
    just one more transatlantic flight :-) I'll push my changes to a branch.
    I think the RFC gets something wrong though. I'll check and report back

    Derick
    \o/

    --
    Ferenc Kovács