Hi everyone,

I'll try to make this quick with easy questions since everyone is so busy.

I contributed some minor but non-trivial code to 5.4 but I was (am) a bit
new to the project and I didn't know to put an entry in NEWS.
But there is a reference in UPGRADING because my change did effect
backwards compatibility a tiny bit.

My question is, should I go back and edit NEWS to put my change in? It
would go under "PHP 5.4.0 Alpha 1"

And if I do put it in, do I put it in both trunk and branches/PHP_5_4 ?

Also, everyone is using first names only in NEWS but Andrew is not unique
in the file, should I use my full name, full, first name + initial?

Sorry, this is out of the blue and in the grand scheme of things you have
more important stuff to worry about, but I would like to be included in
NEWS is everyone thinks it is a good idea.

Side note: I kind of dropped off since then because the noise from the
mailing list was too much to handle and I didn't know where to start. I do
definitely want to help out more though.

Thanks,

- Andrew

Search Discussions

  • Stas Malyshev at Jan 2, 2012 at 8:10 pm
    Hi!
    My question is, should I go back and edit NEWS to put my change in? It
    would go under "PHP 5.4.0 Alpha 1"
    Generally, each substantial change should be in the NEWS under the
    version in which it appeared (for 5.4, all pre-release versions will be
    consolidated on release).
    And if I do put it in, do I put it in both trunk and branches/PHP_5_4 ?
    No, only 5.4 as it's the first version it appeared in (in trunk, it's
    not NEWS anymore).
    Also, everyone is using first names only in NEWS but Andrew is not unique
    in the file, should I use my full name, full, first name + initial?
    I'd advise the full name. First name only is usually used by people who
    are frequent committers so it is known who exactly that is.
    --
    Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
    SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/

groupphp-internals @
categoriesphp
postedDec 28, '11 at 4:17p
activeJan 2, '12 at 8:10p
websitephp.net

2 users in discussion

Stas Malyshev: 1 post Andrew Curioso: 1 post