Hi all,

I started today to play with libcurl and went through documentation. I
noticed that there were a lot of features that were not exposed in the
curl PHP extension which made me wondering if someone is still
maintaining this extension to keep it as close as possible from the C
version. If nobody is, I'd be glad to do it.

I started to quickly implement all the curl options (CURLOPT_*) that
were not exposed yet and created a small patch [1] (Do not hesitate to
review the patch and give feedback). I think all options but the one
which expose callback are included in this patch. I'll continue the
work to implement all options with callback functionality.

I'm also wondering if such a patch should go in PHP5.4 or if we should
wait since we are in RC phase.

Every input is welcome :)

Pierrick

[1] http://www.adoy.net/php/curl-update-v1.diff

Search Discussions

  • Yasuo Ohgaki at Nov 21, 2011 at 1:44 am
    I'm also holding pgsql patch that adds pg_escape_literal() which
    escapes SQL literal. (i.e. table names, filed names, etc)

    https://gist.github.com/1381181

    What should I do for it?

    --
    Yasuo Ohgaki
    yohgaki@ohgaki.net

[...]

  • Daniel Convissor at Nov 21, 2011 at 3:45 am

    Hi Yasuo:

    I'm also holding pgsql patch that adds pg_escape_literal() which
    escapes SQL literal. (i.e. table names, filed names, etc)
    The database documentation I've read calls those "identifiers" rather
    than "literals". Pardon the "bike shedding," but it would be good to
    name the function accordingly, please.

    It would be a good idea to start a separate thread, because people who
    care about PostgreSQL but not cURL may overlook this thread.

    Thanks,

    --Dan

    --
    T H E A N A L Y S I S A N D S O L U T I O N S C O M P A N Y
    http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/

    I'm also holding pgsql patch that adds pg_escape_literal() which
    escapes SQL literal. (i.e. table names, filed names, etc)
    By making a separate topic instead of cluttering it into this one,
    alternatively open a report at bugs.php.net

    --
    regards,

    Kalle Sommer Nielsen
    kalle@php.net
  • Pierre Joye at Nov 21, 2011 at 10:50 am
    Hi Pierrick!

    Yes it us still maintained however it is hard to keep adding every new
    features. They are quite active :)

    As of 5.4 it is now in RC phase. Please add new features in trunk for now.

    Thanks!