Hi.

We moved the sqlite ext from core to pecl with 5.4, but the
http://pecl.php.net/package/sqlite still advertises using ext/sqlite
instead.
Is that intentional?
The problem is, that for 5.3, the prefered way to use the sqlite ext is to
use the one bundled in core, however for 5.4 and trunk, you can only
install it from pecl.
Maybe we could supersed it with ext/sqlite3? As it is in the core since
5.3, so all supported branches has it..
--
Ferenc Kovács
@Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu

Search Discussions

  • Felipe Pena at Nov 16, 2011 at 11:53 am

    We moved the sqlite ext from core to pecl with 5.4, but the
    http://pecl.php.net/package/sqlite still advertises using ext/sqlite
    instead.
    Is that intentional?
    The problem is, that for 5.3, the prefered way to use the sqlite ext is to
    use the one bundled in core, however for 5.4 and trunk, you can only
    install it from pecl.
    Maybe we could supersed it with ext/sqlite3? As it is in the core since
    5.3, so all supported branches has it..
    It's not intentional, the text weren't updated.

    Felipe Pena
  • Ferenc Kovacs at Nov 16, 2011 at 12:35 pm

    We moved the sqlite ext from core to pecl with 5.4, but the
    http://pecl.php.net/package/sqlite still advertises using ext/sqlite
    instead.
    Is that intentional?
    The problem is, that for 5.3, the prefered way to use the sqlite ext is to
    use the one bundled in core, however for 5.4 and trunk, you can only
    install it from pecl.
    Maybe we could supersed it with ext/sqlite3? As it is in the core since
    5.3, so all supported branches has it..
    It's not intentional, the text weren't updated.

    you mean the pecl package description?
    I can change it, but where should it point to? sqlite3? or simply
    unmaintained?

    --
    Ferenc Kovács
    @Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu

    We moved the sqlite ext from core to pecl with 5.4, but the
    http://pecl.php.net/package/sqlite still advertises using ext/sqlite
    instead.
    Is that intentional?
    The problem is, that for 5.3, the prefered way to use the sqlite ext is to
    use the one bundled in core, however for 5.4 and trunk, you can only
    install it from pecl.
    Maybe we could supersed it with ext/sqlite3? As it is in the core since
    5.3, so all supported branches has it..
    It's not intentional, the text weren't updated.

    you mean the pecl package description?
    I can change it, but where should it point to? sqlite3? or simply
    unmaintained?
    PDOSqlite?

    cheers,
    Derick
  • Johannes Schlüter at Nov 16, 2011 at 1:34 pm